TCPA regulations have forced a shift in marketing strategies to be more focused on "permission based" marketing practices. The burden of proof for obtaining "prior written consent" rests with the company initiating the contact with the customer.
- The FCC defines an Auto Dialer as equipment which has the capacity “(A) to store or produce telephone numbers to be called, using a random or sequential number generator; and (B) to dial such numbers.”
- The regulation applies to autodialed calls, pre-recorded messages and text messages to wireless devices.
- Companies must have "prior written consent" before using an auto dialer to call a customer’s wireless phone number.
- Companies can make one (1) call to a reassigned number without obtaining the new owner's prior consent to receive autodialed calls before fines can be imposed.
- Consent can be obtained in writing, over the phone, via email, or an online form.
Learn from your Contact Center Compliance representative how easily the TCPA Wireless Verification and our other great services can provide peace-of-mind protection against costly TCPA regulatory fines and lawsuits.
Contact Center Compliance is an award winning cloud-based compliance solutions provider. Our team will work with your business to identifying solutions that enable your call center to easily adhere to the latest DNC and TCPA regulations in a cost effective manner. Sign up for a complimentary strategy session with one of our team members or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 866-DNC-LIST (362-5478).